168 Built-In Stitches
From garment construction to embellishing with decorative stitches, Sofia has you covered. Over 30 decorative stitches, 10 one-step buttonholes, and adjustable stitch lengths give you a variety of creative options no matter what type of sewing you’re doing!
Advanced Needle Threader
Sofia includes easy-to-follow, numbered guides so you can thread your needle with a few simple motions.
LCD Touch Screen
This easy-to-read LCD touch screen makes it easy to quickly access your machine’s settings, designs and editing tools.
Easily set your bobbin. Merely drop in the top-loading bobbin and pull the thread through the slot. Let Quick-Set do the rest.
No matter what type of project you're creating, Sofia makes it easier with 8 snap-on feet and a variety of additional accessories.
Lettering and Multi-Position Embroidery Hoop
Embroider any of 70 built-in designs in Sofia2's library with the included 4"x 4" hoop. An optional 6-7/10" x 4" Multi-Position Hoop is perfect for personalizing with any of the 6 fonts.
USB (Type A)
Transfer your embroidery designs to your machine faster with the USB (Type A) port.
Baby Lock IQ Technology™
Baby Lock IQ Technology is what makes Baby Lock machines so smart and efficient. IQ Technology works with the "brain" of your machine to help achieve exactly what you desire.
- USB direct connect (Type A)
- LCD Touch Screen (120 x 64 dot matrix) with touch pen
- Embroidery card slot
- Advanced needle threader
- Automatic thread cutter
- Quick-Set, top loading bobbin
- Quick-Set bobbin winder
- Upper and lower thread sensors to alert when threads are broken
- LED light illuminates sewing surface
- Built-in embroidery design library
- 70 Embroidery designs
- 120 Frame Patterns
- 6 Font styles in upper and lower case
- Embroiders up to 4" x 4" (100mm x 100mm) embroidery field
- Reads embroidery designs with a stitch capacity of up to 50,000 stitches per design
- Up to 12 Memory Pockets for embroidery equaling 512KB
- Enlargement (up to 20%)
- Reduction (up to 10%)
- Mirror imaging
- 1°, 10°, and 90° pattern rotation
- Embroidery speed up to 400 spm (stitches per minute)
- LCD Touch Screen shows:
- Estimated embroidery time display
- Needle advancement (by color or stitch increment)
- Measurements displayed in inches or millimeters (mm)
- Thread color indicator
- On-screen hoop size indicator
- Trial function
- 168 Built-in stitches including:
- 67 Utility (with 10 styles of one-step buttonholes)
- 30 Decorative
- 16 Satin
- 7 Cross
- 9 Decorative Satin
- 39 Combinable Utility Decorative Stitches
- 3 Alphabet Styles
- Stitch length 0.0mm - 5.0mm on sewing stitches
- Maximum Utility stitch width: 7mm
- Utility stitch editing capabilities
- Store personal stitch settings for each Utility stitch on machine
- Variable needle positions
- Twin needle settings key
- Convenient One-Touch Buttons for
- Reverse sewing
- Needle up/down
- Thread cutter
- Sewing speed control
- Programmable needle up/down
- Needle plate with scale in inches and centimeters
- Electronic foot control with separate power cord
- Free arm with drop feed lever
- Accessory storage compartment
- Lightweight and compact size for easy travel
- Weighs under 14 lbs in sewing mode
- Weighs under 17 lbs with the embroidery unit attached.
- Language conversion capabilities (16 languages)
- Warranty (25 years limited, 10 years parts, 5 years computer circuit, 5 years electrical, 1 year labor)
- Optional embroidery hoops:
- Small 1" x 2.5"
- Multi-position 6" x 4
Built-in Operational Guide
- Touch pen (stylus)
- Soft cover
- 8 Snap-On Feet:
- Blind stitch
- Button fitting
- 4" x 4" Embroidery hoop and grid
- 16 Languages
Stabilizers - Select the right foundation for every design
Soft Stitch Fusible Stitch Cover Up 5 Yards x 8"
This stabilizer is ideal for covering the back of finished embroidery to prevent scratching the skin. Make any embroidery project comfortable to wear, including children's clothing and those with sensitive skin.
Press Away Embroidery Stabilizer
Press-Away Topping is a temporary stabilizer that dissolves when pressed with a hot, dry iron. Itís used during the application process to provide stability to stitches, which helps prevent puckering, tunneling, and distortion. Press-Away topping is perfect for applications that need stability but absolutely no stabilizer remaining.
Hydro Melt - Embroidery Topping
This is the perfect topping for projects that use high pile fabrics such as fleece, terry cloth, and knits. It creates a smooth embroidery surface so stitches wonít sink into your fabric, giving a crisp definition and detail to your work. Hydro Melt dissolves in water, so it should only be used on projects that can be wet without staining. You can easily remove the stabilizer with a damp cloth or sponge. If you are using a steamer or iron, do not let it come into direct contact with the Hydro Melt.
Bobbins - Get prepared for any project
Hoops - Embroider designs of all sizes and shapes
Others - See what's possible with your machine